It's been a while since I've updated the family blog. Things have been well for the most part since my last update. Dad's chemo meds are still working, and for the most part he's continuing to progress. He's had some issues with coughing (which caused some back muscle pain), and some swelling in his leg has come back due to a blood clot (side effect of the chemo), but that is being treated.
It's not often that we experience an event, which completely alters our lives. On August 18th last year, we found out that Dad was really sick. Looking back, this past year has been pretty tough, but we are thankful for God has given to us, and we are thankful for what he has blessed us with; we're also not taking anything for granted.
I want to thank you all for praying for us, and going out of your way to help us in one way or another. It means a great deal to us. To see and feel the love that resonates around us through our friends and family is overwhelming!! Thank you.
Prayer Request:
- Please continue to pray for my Dad. Although he has improved a great deal, we still have to be very careful, as he is still fairly weak
- For strength for the rest of us, Mom, Elijah, and myself.
In keeping this update short. I want to leave with you today... a verse which has been on my heart:
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (New International Version) - But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
God Bless,
Thaddeus
The Mark Family.
| Pic of us at a family friend's wedding Aug 8th, 2010 |
No comments:
Post a Comment